British Army withdraws from Northern Ireland
The longest military campaign in the history of the British Army comes to an end. Operation Banner began in 1969 when British soldiers went onto the streets of Northern Ireland at the start of what came to be known as the Troubles.
Available since: Fri 15 Mar 2013
BBC archive clips about the security forces in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.
More clips from BBC News at Six
- Wildfires in Greece Duration: 02:27 24/08/2009
- Public opinion divided on war in Afghanistan Duration: 02:39 13/07/2009
- Endeavour returns Duration: 01:52 21/08/2007
- Prince William announces his engagement to Kate Duration: 02:17 16/11/2010
- Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Belfast Duration: 02:03 08/03/2011