"It's as if the cave is alive"
Musicologist Iégor Reznikoff makes the caves of Arcy-sur-Cure in Burgundy "whisper, hum, talk and sing".
Available since: Tue 12 Mar 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Echoes in the Dark
More clips from Noise: A Human History
- Noise series retold by Matthew Herbert Duration: 14:59
- The eight-week medieval street party Duration: 01:27 Carnival
- Early recording on wax cylinders of 'talking drums' Duration: 03:05
- Video: The talking drum Duration: 00:49 The Beat of Drums
- A shamanic ritual Duration: 01:17 The Rise of the Shamans