The ‘Amsterdam’ of Colorado?
By the end of 2013, any visitor to the town of Breckenridge in Colorado, USA, will be able to buy cannabis from licensed stores, provided they are over 21.
The town decriminalised cannabis in 2010 but currently anyone wanting to buy it must have a recommendation from a doctor.
As Heather Alexander explains, Breckenridge is standing by to see how the new freedom will affect tourism. Will visitors flock to its stores or will people be deterred from coming at all?
Available since: Tue 12 Mar 2013
More clips from 09/03/2013 GMT
More clips from Fast Track
- Up close with Zambia's wild animals Duration: 05:17 07/12/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide: The mirrors bringing sunlight Duration: 04:13 30/11/2013 GMT
- Are cycle lanes heading for a dead end? Duration: 07:13 07/12/2013 GMT
- Visiting one of the world's fastest growing cities Duration: 04:33 30/11/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide: Bat migration Duration: 04:04 02/11/2013 GMT