Wahine disaster: The team that never played
The fascinating story told by cricketing survivors of New Zealand's worst ever shipping disaster - the Wahine in 1968.
Otago University's cricket team were on their way to a tournament on New Zealand's North Island when the ship sank after a record-breaking storm.
Jonathan Agnew talks to members of that team and historian Ron Cardwell as the squad reunite for the first time in 45 years.
Available since: Mon 11 Mar 2013
This clip is from
Test Match cricket commentary
More clips from Test Match Special
- Graeme Swann and Jimmy Anderson Ashes message Duration: 00:31
- Test Match Special: The summer of 2013 Duration: 14:18
- TMS highlights of summer 2013 Duration: 14:09
- Michael Palin commentates on Test Match Special Duration: 02:51 18/05/2013
- Damian Lewis: "My vest was removed at the East Gate" Duration: 02:29 17/05/2013