Screens ‘get the 360 degree treatment’
From giant professional flight simulators to more modest desktop counterparts to building the 2012 Olympic stadium, learning through simulation is now an established part of the training regime of lots of industries.
Tasks which are dangerous or expensive to perform in the real world can be simulated over and over in a safe environment.
Marc Cieslak investigates how technology used in training has taken a leap into three dimensions and even further.
Available since: Fri 8 Mar 2013
More clips from 09/03/2013 GMT
More clips from Click
- The anti-snoop Blackphone Duration: 02:16 01/03/2014 GMT
- 3D mapping on a smartphone Duration: 01:44 01/03/2014 GMT
- The apps to help you find new places Duration: 05:45 01/03/2014 GMT
- The cinema sound that 'immerses the viewer' Duration: 03:21 22/02/2014 GMT
- Making movies with your smartphone Duration: 03:08 22/02/2014 GMT