Can we really multitask?
Can humans really multitask?
Professor Nick Chater takes presenter Michael Blastland through a simple experiment designed to show a rather extraordinary side to a very ordinary task, "when we have do something remotely difficult, we immediately have to stop doing everything else."
Available since: Tue 5 Mar 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Episode 1
More clips from The Human Zoo
- An experiment in fairness Duration: 01:54 Series 3, What is fairness?
- What is ego depletion? Duration: 01:11 Series 1, Episode 1
- How to break old habits and make new ones Duration: 01:35 Series 3, Can we control our behaviour?
- "Not many people have seen a dead body" Duration: 01:38 Series 2, Episode 4
- From cyclist to drug-dealer – the slip into wrongdoing Duration: 02:05 Series 2, Episode 2