Touchscreen ‘that reacts even without touching’
Capacitive touch, which allows more than one finger at once to be recognised, is regularly cited as one of the key drivers of smartphone popularity.
Spencer Kelly discovers that 2014 could the year when touchscreens are launched which react in three dimensions that do not even require touch to recognise what action the device should take.
Available since: Mon 4 Mar 2013
More clips from 09/03/2013 GMT
More clips from Click
- What next after the 3D printed gun? Duration: 02:27 07/12/2013 GMT
- Is this the home and office of 2023? Duration: 02:44 14/12/2013 GMT
- Christmas tablets reviewed Duration: 04:49 07/12/2013 GMT
- Ultrasound device helps make virtual objects 'feel' real Duration: 01:46 30/11/2013 GMT
- Webscape: Create, mix and share videos Duration: 05:11 07/12/2013 GMT