Touchscreen ‘that reacts even without touching’
Capacitive touch, which allows more than one finger at once to be recognised, is regularly cited as one of the key drivers of smartphone popularity.
Spencer Kelly discovers that 2014 could the year when touchscreens are launched which react in three dimensions that do not even require touch to recognise what action the device should take.
Available since: Mon 4 Mar 2013
More clips from 09/03/2013 GMT
More clips from Click
- The anti-snoop Blackphone Duration: 02:16 01/03/2014 GMT
- 3D mapping on a smartphone Duration: 01:44 01/03/2014 GMT
- The apps to help you find new places Duration: 05:45 01/03/2014 GMT
- The cinema sound that 'immerses the viewer' Duration: 03:21 22/02/2014 GMT
- Making movies with your smartphone Duration: 03:08 22/02/2014 GMT