Touchscreen ‘that reacts even without touching’
Capacitive touch, which allows more than one finger at once to be recognised, is regularly cited as one of the key drivers of smartphone popularity.
Spencer Kelly discovers that 2014 could the year when touchscreens are launched which react in three dimensions that do not even require touch to recognise what action the device should take.
Available since: Mon 4 Mar 2013
More clips from 09/03/2013 GMT
More clips from Click
- The boom in technology sub-cultures Duration: 02:50 12/04/2014 GMT
- A look inside a 'Cybersquat' Duration: 05:05 12/04/2014 GMT
- Cupid: The drone with a stun gun Duration: 01:41 05/04/2014 GMT
- The films making science captivating Duration: 03:35 12/04/2014 GMT
- Could this technology change the future of TV adverts? Duration: 03:16 05/04/2014 GMT