Touchscreen ‘that reacts even without touching’
Capacitive touch, which allows more than one finger at once to be recognised, is regularly cited as one of the key drivers of smartphone popularity.
Spencer Kelly discovers that 2014 could the year when touchscreens are launched which react in three dimensions that do not even require touch to recognise what action the device should take.
Available since: Mon 4 Mar 2013
More clips from 09/03/2013 GMT
More clips from Click
- Light show technology projects an immersive experience Duration: 05:00 18/05/2013 GMT
- Celebrating 20 years of the world wide web Duration: 03:32 18/05/2013 GMT
- Read Klingon on your computer screen Duration: 02:05 18/05/2013 GMT
- Webscape: Apollo 11 mission site Duration: 04:44 18/05/2013 GMT
- Intel reveals tech innovations Duration: 05:01 11/05/2013 GMT