Germany is Reunited
First broadcast: 3 October 1990
In two reports from Berlin, Martin Bell witnesses the celebrations overnight outside the Reichstag, while Ben Brown experiences a calmer city the morning after. Philip Hayton speaks live to veteran reporter Charles Wheeler as he stands at the Brandenburg Gate to consider the cultural differences between East and West Berliners.
Available since: Thu 28 Feb 2013
A city divided between East and West by the Cold War.
More clips from BBC One O’Clock News
- Royal Charter for Duke of Edinburgh's Award Duration: 02:10 16/11/2006
- First Civil Partnership Ceremony Duration: 02:34 19/12/2005
- First pictures from the Very Large Telescope Duration: 02:06 27/05/1998
- Maguire Seven win their appeal Duration: 01:04 26/06/1991
- Maguire Seven’s convictions quashed Duration: 02:14 26/06/1991