"There is a Gothic element to this novel..."
Andrew Miller's novel 'Pure' almost defines 'macabre' - grave dirt, corpses and crypts...
Available since: Thu 28 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Andrew Miller discusses his novel Pure, winner of the Costa Prize 2011.
First broadcast: 03 Mar 2013
More clips from Bookclub
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on the importance of telling one's own story Duration: 01:28 Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Gillian Clarke: 'We had a polar bear skin rug...I fed it' Duration: 02:12 Poet Gillian Clarke - Ice
- Magic, evil eye beads, coffee cups and fortune telling Duration: 00:46 Elif Shafak - The Forty Rules of Love
- "He learned there to loathe Stalinism ..." Duration: 00:49 George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia
- "Oh my goodness he's stolen my wallet.." Duration: 00:51 Ben Macintyre - Agent Zigzag