"There is a Gothic element to this novel..."
Andrew Miller's novel 'Pure' almost defines 'macabre' - grave dirt, corpses and crypts...
Available since: Thu 28 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Andrew Miller discusses his novel Pure, winner of the Costa Prize 2011.
First broadcast: 03 Mar 2013
More clips from Bookclub
- 'I’m not going to argue with you because you’re Lee Child, but…' Duration: 00:53 Lee Child - Killing Floor
- Writing the first lines of Adlestrop Duration: 03:34 Matthew Hollis - Now All Roads Lead to France
- Hilary Mantel on how a dog's pawprint affected her writing Duration: 01:13 Hilary Mantel - Bring Up the Bodies
- "You can see that I have the disposition of a hobbit" Duration: 01:22 Paul Theroux - Dark Star Safari
- "They also gambled on tulip futures." Duration: 01:44 Deborah Moggach - Tulip Fever