"There is a Gothic element to this novel..."
Andrew Miller's novel 'Pure' almost defines 'macabre' - grave dirt, corpses and crypts...
Available since: Thu 28 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Andrew Miller discusses his novel Pure, winner of the Costa Prize 2011.
First broadcast: 03 Mar 2013
More clips from Bookclub
- Sadie Jones on Surrey as the dark heart of Britain Duration: 03:12
- Lorrie Moore: “I was at a moment where the novel was wide open. I saw this painting so I put it in.” Duration: 01:41
- Emma Donoghue on her kidnap story 'Room': "I had to act like the characters’ captor when writing the book" Duration: 01:10 Emma Donoghue - Room
- Author of The Slap on the moment that inspired his novel Duration: 02:00 Christos Tsiolkas - The Slap
- I had many letters from people who said ‘I was bereaved and this is exactly how I felt…’ Duration: 01:16 John Banville - The Sea