Energy company, Centrica see profits increase by 11% but they blame price hike on supply costs
The energy company, Centrica, has said profits at its British Gas residential arm increased by 11%
British Gas put its prices up by 6% at the end of last year, blaming an increase in costs.
The managing director of the British Gas retail energy business, Ian Peters, told Breakfast the rise in profits was mainly down to the weather.
Available since: Wed 27 Feb 2013
This clip is from
The latest news, sport, business and weather from the BBC's Breakfast team
More clips from Breakfast
- Real Gone Kids get festive: Scottish rockers Deacon Blue pen first Christmas single Duration: 07:17 17/12/2013
- Walk with dinosaurs to see what life was like on earth 70 million years ago Duration: 07:21 17/12/2013
- Mitchell’s story: Caring for my Mum, Dad and little brother Duration: 02:14 17/12/2013
- Remembering Peter O’Toole Duration: 05:32 16/12/2013
- Sports Personality winner Murray speaks to Breakfast Duration: 04:16 16/12/2013