Concerns for families choosing a care home for a loved one with dementia
The Alzheimer's Society wants an improvement in training for staff in care homes after new figures indicated that more residents were suffering from dementia.
A survey suggests about 80% of those in care homes have dementia or significant memory problems.
Hannah Clack from the Alzheimer's Society and Hannah Davies, whose mum Daphne has dementia and had a bad experience in a care home spoke to Breakfast.
Available since: Tue 26 Feb 2013
This clip is from
The latest news, sport, business and weather from the BBC's Breakfast team
More clips from Breakfast
- Anything goes! When Tony met Gaga Duration: 04:00 23/10/2014
- X Factor's Andrea Faustini: From Rome with love! Duration: 04:30
- David Nicholls: How do you follow up a publishing sensation? Duration: 06:07 02/10/2014
- Stephen Fry on dependency and depression Duration: 13:24 25/09/2014
- Marion Cotillard on coping with emotionally demanding roles Duration: 06:51 14/08/2014