A typo spells misery for dream trip
A British couple were asked to pay an extra £825 for a plane ticket to Australia after they made a spelling mistake on their booking.
Lynn and Christopher Booty missed out a letter when inputting their names on a travel website.
Although Emirates policy is to charge £25 for a name change once a ticket is issued, this turned out to be a more expensive mistake as Simon Calder reports.
Available since: Tue 26 Feb 2013
More clips from Fast Track
- Stargazing in the Atacama Desert Duration: 04:14
- The drive for free wi-fi in hotels Duration: 06:55 11/05/2013 GMT
- Amateur cyclists take on the Paris-Roubaix Duration: 05:32 04/05/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide Duration: 03:59 04/05/2013 GMT
- Can tourism save the world economy? Duration: 06:00 04/05/2013 GMT