A typo spells misery for dream trip
A British couple were asked to pay an extra £825 for a plane ticket to Australia after they made a spelling mistake on their booking.
Lynn and Christopher Booty missed out a letter when inputting their names on a travel website.
Although Emirates policy is to charge £25 for a name change once a ticket is issued, this turned out to be a more expensive mistake as Simon Calder reports.
Available since: Tue 26 Feb 2013
More clips from Fast Track
- What will 2014 mean for travel? Duration: 01:30 14/12/2013 GMT
- Looking back on the travel headlines of 2013 Duration: 06:31 14/12/2013 GMT
- How a cheap business class ticket could leave you grounded Duration: 04:05 14/12/2013 GMT
- Fast Track Highlights of 2013 Duration: 04:31 14/12/2013 GMT
- Online Check-in: Festive flight safety video Duration: 04:11 07/12/2013 GMT