A typo spells misery for dream trip
A British couple were asked to pay an extra £825 for a plane ticket to Australia after they made a spelling mistake on their booking.
Lynn and Christopher Booty missed out a letter when inputting their names on a travel website.
Although Emirates policy is to charge £25 for a name change once a ticket is issued, this turned out to be a more expensive mistake as Simon Calder reports.
Available since: Tue 26 Feb 2013
More clips from Fast Track
- Insider Guide: The mirrors bringing sunlight Duration: 04:13 30/11/2013 GMT
- Are cycle lanes heading for a dead end? Duration: 07:13 07/12/2013 GMT
- Visiting one of the world's fastest growing cities Duration: 04:33 30/11/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide: Bat migration Duration: 04:04 02/11/2013 GMT
- Can you escape jet lag? Duration: 07:34 30/11/2013 GMT