Why forgiveness is important to the woman who hugged the driver who killed her husband
When Patricia Machin's husband, Gerrard, was knocked down by a car, she took the unusual step of comforting the driver, Brian Williamson, at the roadside.
Gerrard died several weeks later and Patricia Machin urged Brian to "get on with his young life" when he was sentenced last Friday.
Patricia also wrote a letter of forgiveness to Brian during the court case.
She tells Charlie and Louise she felt that however bad the situation was for herself that it would be worse for Brian because he caused it.
More clips from 22/02/2013
- Meet Charlie, the teenager who gave up his birthday money for nine years to raise thousands for charity Duration: 05:25
- Michael Ball on why he is 'thrilled' with the movie version of Les Mis Duration: 08:14
- Why it takes a lot of people to help a VIP get to the top Duration: 06:27
- Tim Muffett takes a look at the history of the Oscars Duration: 03:04
More clips from Breakfast
- "He needs to come back and shake things up" Sam Bailey wants Simon Cowell to return to The X Factor Duration: 09:12 11/12/2013
- Preserving Latin Duration: 05:20 11/12/2013
- The soldier with a bionic arm that moves by the power of thought Duration: 02:18 11/12/2013
- Sir Terry Pratchett wants a war on dementia Duration: 05:29 11/12/2013
- The Victorian must-have items that were domestic killers Duration: 07:04 10/12/2013