The virtual catwalk
Science presenter Rani Price meets Dr Melissa Kao, a scientist who has combined a large shop mirror with a video camera, motion sensor and computer. This allows shoppers to superimpose images of clothes onto their reflection, and share images via social networking sites.
Rani then meets Marta Tomecka, a computer scientist, who uses a computer programme to virtually model clothes on an avatar. She describes her educational background and how computer science would benefit anyone wanting to get into the fashion industry.
Available since: Thu 21 Feb 2013
More clips from Episode 1
More clips from Beneath the Lab Coat
- Cybernetics - the link between man and machine Duration: 08:44 Episode 1
- Beneath the Lab Coat promo Duration: 00:35 Episode 1
- Hybrid air-breathing jet engines for space travel Duration: 07:20 Episode 1
- Using 3D printing in the fashion industry Duration: 05:24 Episode 2
- Science and engineering in space projects Duration: 06:54 Episode 1