Ludovico Einaudi says he was surprised his music was a hit in both pop and classical charts
The Italian composer and pianist has had 13 tracks in the top 20 classical chart recently.
His latest album, "In a Time Lapse" is the first piece in classical history to sell more digital copies than physical ones.
Ludovico says he likes to composes music in a meditative state when in the countryside or in Milan.
He also admits to Charlie and Louise that he was surprised that his music was a hit in both the popular and classical charts.
Available since: Thu 21 Feb 2013
More clips from 21/02/2013
More clips from Breakfast
- Sophie Kinsella on juggling writing and motherhood Duration: 05:53 25/02/2014
- Paloma brightens up Breakfast Duration: 06:42 21/02/2014
- Can you predict an earthquake? A seismologist explains Duration: 04:08 21/02/2014
- The life and times of blues legend BB King Duration: 06:41 21/02/2014
- Mentally ill children treated on adult wards far from home Duration: 06:20 20/02/2014