'Nobody is hated by the Finns Party'
The Eurosceptic, nationalist Finns Party - also know as the True Finns - went from being a minority group to a major force in Finnish politics after stunning electoral success in 2011.
But the party's reputation has been marred by accusations of racism and intolerance after several of its MPs made derogatory remarks about immigrants, Islam, and homosexuality.
Timo Soini, leader of the Finns party, told Stephen Sackur his party is not racist.
Available since: Wed 20 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Springer: Show provides an 'escape from life' Duration: 03:21 Jerry Springer
- 'No compromise on right to bear arms' Duration: 03:12 David Keene
- Tymoshenko has the backing of Ukrainians says daughter Duration: 02:47
- Naftali Bennett: Israeli settlements must stay Duration: 04:15 Naftali Bennett
- Tanzania will not sell ivory stockpile, says minister Duration: 02:38 Lazaro Nyalandu