Can Beirut entice travellers back?
Many people say Lebanon is perhaps the most liberal and diverse place in the Middle East - but for many years travellers have given it a miss, partly due to decades of unrest from its close neighbours Syria and Israel.
The government has just launched a 50/50 campaign to try to entice travellers back to Beirut.
Anna Holligan reports from the capital on the impact the Syrian conflict is having on the city once known as the Paris of the Middle East.
Available since: Wed 20 Feb 2013
More clips from 16/02/2013 GMT
More clips from Fast Track
- Visiting one of the world's fastest growing cities Duration: 04:33 30/11/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide: Bat migration Duration: 04:04 02/11/2013 GMT
- Can you escape jet lag? Duration: 07:34 30/11/2013 GMT
- Travel Clinic: Do airlines track customers' searches? Duration: 04:13 23/11/2013 GMT
- Meeting Chengdu's giant pandas Duration: 01:30 23/11/2013 GMT