Can Beirut entice travellers back?
Many people say Lebanon is perhaps the most liberal and diverse place in the Middle East - but for many years travellers have given it a miss, partly due to decades of unrest from its close neighbours Syria and Israel.
The government has just launched a 50/50 campaign to try to entice travellers back to Beirut.
Anna Holligan reports from the capital on the impact the Syrian conflict is having on the city once known as the Paris of the Middle East.
Available since: Wed 20 Feb 2013
More clips from 16/02/2013 GMT
More clips from Fast Track
- How Cyprus has become an island of lost dreams for some Duration: 07:41 15/06/2013 GMT
- Sleaze or art? Behind the scenes at London's Burlesque Festival Duration: 04:45 08/06/2013 GMT
- Travel Clinic: How to make sure your holiday bubbly keeps its fizz Duration: 04:08 08/06/2013 GMT
- When will Berlin's ghost airport open? Duration: 07:03 08/06/2013 GMT
- From Essex to Ecuador - the British woman who married a rainforest tribal leader Duration: 03:44 01/06/2013 GMT