Can Beirut entice travellers back?
Many people say Lebanon is perhaps the most liberal and diverse place in the Middle East - but for many years travellers have given it a miss, partly due to decades of unrest from its close neighbours Syria and Israel.
The government has just launched a 50/50 campaign to try to entice travellers back to Beirut.
Anna Holligan reports from the capital on the impact the Syrian conflict is having on the city once known as the Paris of the Middle East.
Available since: Wed 20 Feb 2013
More clips from 16/02/2013 GMT
More clips from Fast Track
- Taking the Mallakhamb yoga challenge Duration: 01:29 India
- Indian drivers urged to stop honking horns Duration: 02:17 India
- What will 2014 mean for travel? Duration: 01:30 14/12/2013 GMT
- Looking back on the travel headlines of 2013 Duration: 06:31 14/12/2013 GMT
- How a cheap business class ticket could leave you grounded Duration: 04:05 14/12/2013 GMT