It will soon be the end for one of Salford's most famous hotels. Dusty Springfield and many other famous acts performed there
It will soon be the end of an era for one of Salford's most famous hotels. The Monton House Hotel, better known to many as the Wendover is expected to close down this year after the business went into administration.
It's thought the building will be demolished and replaced with retirement flats and as BBC Radio Manchester's Mat Trewern reports, it's a sad end to a hotel with an intriguing past that included permances for many acts including Dusty Springfield.
Available since: Fri 15 Feb 2013
More clips from Allan Beswick
- David Cameron says government spending on research into dementia will double during the next decade. Duration: 09:04 Dementia summit
- What would it take to for you to do your Christmas shopping locally? Duration: 03:26 Christmas trade in local town centres
- Allan Beswick interviews a Dalek Duration: 07:03 Doctor Who anniversary
- What impact has the revelations about former Co-op Bank Chairman Paul Flowers made to bank users, co-op customers and workers Duration: 03:04 Doctor Who test
- A woman with learning difficulties, who had been a target of anti-social behaviour has spoke about how things have improved Duration: 02:54 20/11/2013