Did we notice the death of celluloid cinema? Mike Figgis and Tacita Dean discuss.
As Side by Side, a new documentary about the future of film is released, the artist Tacita Dean and film maker Mike Figgis join Matthew in the studio to discuss the shift from traditional to digital technology and its implications.
Available since: Thu 14 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Flagship arts and ideas programme, featuring discussions between academics and artists
More clips from Night Waves
- "It changed my way of thinking about acting" - Richard Wilson on Yasujiro Ozu's Tokyo Story Duration: 00:31 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Actor Richard Wilson's film recommendation Duration: 00:19 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Landmark: Lawrence of Arabia, June 2008 Duration: 43:36 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons
- Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, the 50th Anniversary, December 2012 Duration: 15:59 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons
- "It is the one remaining great miscarriage of justice" - Lord Hutchinson on Steven Ward's conviction Duration: 11:00 The Early 1960s