Gethin Jones' BBC Lifeline Appeal for Renewable World
Presenter Gethin Jones makes an appeal on behalf of Renewable World, a charity that works in developing countries to tackle poverty through renewable energy.
Gethin meets Sumina, who lives in a remote village in Nepal. She relies on the land for their livelihoods, but the harsh landscape, lack of water and energy meant Sumina couldn’t grow enough crops to feed her family. With very little income Sumina struggled to provide an education or healthcare for her children. But thanks to the charity a water pumping system was installed in Sumina’s village. Not only does Sumina now have water all year round to grow vegetables to feed her family, but she is also able to provide an income by selling high value cash crops at market.
Available since: Sun 17 Mar 2013
More clips from Lifeline
- Cerys Matthews' BBC Lifeline Appeal for homeless charity the Choir With No Name - BBC ONE Duration: 08:48
- 5_Lifeline ms CHARITY DONATIONS for APS.mp4 Duration: 08:14 MS Society
- Larry Lamb's BBC Lifeline appeal on behalf of the British Tinnitus Association Duration: 08:37 British Tinnitus Association
- Chris Tarrant's BBC Lifeline Appeal for Asthma UK - BBC ONE Duration: 08:23 Asthma UK
- Simon Callow's BBC Lifeline Appeal for Live Music Now - BBC ONE Duration: 04:31 Live Music Now