Should people with learning disabilities have kids?
"Not neccessarily" says Alex, son of Jill Huntesmith. They both take part as actors in the 15 minutes drama The Pursuit of Darleen Fyles. Both Alex's mum and dad have learning disabilities in real life.
Available since: Wed 13 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Woman's Hour Early jazz queens; British Chinese women; Church of England; Parents with learning disabilities; ironing
Early jazz queens, and three generations of British Chinese women. With Jenni Murray.
First broadcast: 08 Feb 2013
Children, adoption, research, discussion.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- A young rape survivor tells her story. Duration: 05:44
- Sam Bailey Duration: 06:59 A Girl Called Jack; Sam Bailey; Constance Markievicz
- Food blogger Jack Monroe Duration: 08:56 A Girl Called Jack; Sam Bailey; Constance Markievicz
- Cook The Perfect...Stollen with James Morton Duration: 08:27 Penelope Leach; PowerLister Barbara Judge; Self-harm in women prisoners
- "I just thought that law sounded challenging and interesting - and different" Duration: 00:34 Lady Justice Hallett; Extreme commutes; Honour killings