Cannabis should be treated ‘the same as alcohol’
When Guatemala’s President Otto Perez Molina took office just over a year ago he said the war on drugs has failed and that it was time to consider decriminalising them.
HARDtalk speaks to the newly appointed Foreign Minister, Fernando Carrera and asks what this would entail.
Mr Carrera says that Cannabis should be treated "the same as alcohol" with "legalised production and regulated distribution and trade".
You can watch the full interview on the BBC News Channel on Tuesday 12th February at 04.30 and on Wednesday 13th at 00:30 GMT; on BBC World News on Tuesday 12th February at 04:30, 09:30, 14:30 and 21:30 GMT and on BBC 2 on Tuesday 12th February at 10.0 GMT.
Available since: Wed 13 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Sir Alan Parker: Appalled how films censored in China Duration: 02:04 Sir Alan Parker
- Labour could do a 'deal' with Lib Dems - Alan Johnson Duration: 00:46 15/05/2013 GMT
- Michael Sandel: I want politics to be about big things Duration: 03:17 Michael Sandel
- Joseph Nye: Too much use of drones Duration: 02:21 Joseph Nye
- Why rape is used as a weapon in war Duration: 04:41 Zainab Bangura