Bafta winner Ben Affleck doubts his Oscar chances
Ben Affleck tells Mark Lawson it will be a "statistical miracle" if his Bafta-winner Argo wins the Oscar for best film. He also reveals how he feels about not receiving an Academy Award nomination for best director and says he still has fantasies about having a political career once he's left Hollywood.
This clip is from
Ben Affleck, Jonathan Miller on his return to the stage, and the verdict on This Is 40.
First broadcast: 11 Feb 2013
More clips from Front Row
- “I think it was well deserved. I've played my part in the story of rock & roll” Duration: 00:40 Cat Stevens, Northern Soul, William Morris, Ken Burns
- "If I had finished it in her lifetime then I would have tried to publish it" Duration: 09:15 BBC National Short Story Award 2014
- “I feel I’d be letting my readers down if I was just writing an ever diminishing version of Cloud Atlas” Duration: 09:37 Helen Mirren; Lang Lang; David Mitchell
- “I’m always after the new buzz but now it’s not in the form of a white powder” Duration: 00:15 Stephen Fry, Tony Benn documentary, Kei Miller, Gothic exhibition
- Dannie Abse talking to John Wilson in 2007 Duration: 07:01