How the atomic bomb shaped Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four
David Aaronovitch explores how the deployment of the atomic bomb during World War II played a crucial role in shaping the totalitarian world of Orwell's novel.
Available since: Sun 10 Feb 2013
This clip is from
What led avowed socialist George Orwell to write a novel that is beloved of the Right?
First broadcast: 09 Feb 2013
More clips from The Real George Orwell
- 'It's like watching ten movies about his life.' Joseph Millson on The Real George Orwell dramas Duration: 01:00
- Pippa Nixon on the two sides of Nineteen Eighty-Four's Julia Duration: 00:52 Nineteen Eighty-Four, Episode 2
- Preview clip of Nineteen Eighty Four Duration: 00:50 Nineteen Eighty-Four, Episode 1
- Preview clip of The Real George Orwell: Dreaming Duration: 00:59
- Joseph Millson on the Real George Orwell Duration: 00:56