Martin Handley introduces a performance of Sibelius's Oceanides live from the Barbican Hall, London.
Daniel Harding conducts the London Symphony Orchestra in the tone poem, which breathes life into the female water spirits of Greek mythology.
- Jean Sibelius
This clip is from
Daniel Harding conducts the LSO in Sibelius, Beethoven and a world premiere by Turnage.
First broadcast: 07 Feb 2013
More clips from Radio 3 Live in Concert
- BBC Symphony Chorus member, David Allenby, talks about performing Oedipus Rex Duration: 01:27 BBC Symphony Orchestra - Jonathan Lloyd, Brahms, Tippett
- Francesco D'Orazio introduces Brett Dean's Electric Preludes Duration: 01:36 BBC Symphony Orchestra - Jonathan Lloyd, Brahms, Tippett
- BBC Singers at 90 Duration: 03:41 BBC Symphony Orchestra - Jonathan Lloyd, Brahms, Tippett
- Royal Northern Sinfonia leader Bradley Creswick reflects on Thomas Zehetmair's time as Music Director Duration: 05:02 Royal Northern Sinfonia - Mozart, Bartok, John Casken, Beethoven
- Bernard Haitink interview (planned Live In Concert interval feature) Duration: 18:45 Bernard Haitink and COE - Schumann, Berg, Beethoven