Classical Icon: The Lark Ascending
Hugh MacDonald looks at how Vaughan Williams famously evoked the spirit of the British countryside.
Available since: Fri 8 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Jamie MacDougall finds out more about Vaughan Williams' most popular piece of music.
First broadcast: 05 Feb 2013
The story behind some of the most iconic pieces of classical music.
More clips from Classics Unwrapped
- Classical Icon: Dvorak ‘New World’ Symphony Duration: 08:18 26/11/2013
- The Edinburgh Quartet:1st Movement of Shostakovich's 8th Quartet Duration: 04:41 26/11/2013
- The Edinburgh Quartet: Haydn's 'Allegro Spiritoso' Duration: 06:30 26/11/2013
- Classics Unwrapped - My Music: Nicola Benedetti Duration: 07:05 19/11/2013
- Scottish Opera Emerging Artists - Andrew McTaggart: 'Avant de quitter ces lieux' Duration: 03:37 12/11/2013