19th Century flash
Chemistry expert Andrea Sella demonstrates how an early camera flash would have worked.
Available since: Thu 7 Feb 2013
This clip is from
4/4 The story of the inventors who discovered how to reproduce still and moving images.
First broadcast: 14 Feb 2013
More clips from The Genius of Invention
- Trial of Baird and Marconi-E.M.I's competing television technologies Duration: 06:00 Learning Zone, Visual Image
- The impact of the steam engine Duration: 03:20 Learning Zone, Power
- The invention of the jet engine Duration: 06:03 Learning Zone, Speed
- The invention of the internal combustion engine Duration: 07:14 Learning Zone, Speed
- The invention of the railway Duration: 04:13 Learning Zone, Speed