Brian Cannon chats to Steve Lamacq
Steve's Grand Redesigns feature continues with special guest Brian Cannon.
He is best known for his Microdot graphic design company through which he created the album artwork for Oasis' Definitely Maybe, Whats The Story Morning Glory and Be Here Now.
He has also produced a number of record sleeves for UK number one albums, including Urban Hymns (The Verve) and 1977 (Ash). Two of Cannon's record sleeve designs-Definitely Maybe (#14) and "This Is Music" (#79) featured in Q magazine's "The Hundred Best Record Covers Of All Time" list published in 2001.
He has also designed record sleeves for Ruthless Rap Assassins and Suede and is the former manager of The Beta Band.
Brian chats with Steve about his career, what designers should look for when thinking about designing album sleeves and how he really did meet Noel Gallagher in a lift!
Available since: Thu 7 Feb 2013
More clips from Steve Lamacq
- Royal Blood talk rider requests and tour food with Steve Lamacq Duration: 02:10 South By South West Festival
- Longfellow - True (Spandau Ballet cover) Duration: 02:51 South By South West Festival
- Gruff Rhys talks to Steve Lamacq Duration: 07:49 New Music Day and SXSW
- Public Service Broadcasting at SXSW Duration: 02:54 New Music Day and SXSW
- KLF - Archive interview (1995) Duration: 06:38 KLF Archive Interview