Former nurse says "you become hardened"
Nurses "stop caring because they can't care" due to staffing based on there being "enough staff to get the patients through to the end of the day alive", former nurse Ruth says.
Available since: Wed 6 Feb 2013
More clips from 5 live Drive
- Former army captain says UK approach in Afghanistan was 'ignorant' Duration: 05:49 09/04/2014
- Kermit and Miss Piggy talk live from the red carpet Duration: 02:19 24/03/2014
- A leading underwater search expert says time is running out to find the black box from the missing Malaysian aircraft Duration: 01:40 24/03/2014
- Rock legend Steve Harley looks forward to the first Kate Bush concerts in 35 years Duration: 00:55 21/03/2014
- Beatboxer creates the sounds of the summer Duration: 01:38 20/03/2014