Pakistani men ‘should denounce’ acid attacks against women
Renowned British plastic surgeon Dr Mohammad Jawad helps reconstruct the faces of women disfigured by acid attacks.
He featured in an Oscar-winning documentary about his humanitarian work in his native Pakistan.
His high public profile has helped raise awareness about the life-destroying nature of acid attacks in Pakistan and elsewhere in Asia but can it bring about real change and action to help bring down the level of such violence against women?
Available since: Wed 6 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Zeinab Badawi talks to Dr Mohammad Jawad, who has helped women disfigured by acid attacks.
First broadcast: 06 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Saatchi: Thatcher’s 'eyes blazed' Duration: 03:20 Lord Saatchi - UK Conservative Party Chairman 2003 - 2005
- Kosovo 'wants good neighbourly relations' with Serbia Duration: 04:38 Mimoza Kusari-Lila - Deputy PM and Minister of Trade & Industry, Kosovo
- Lying about sexuality made me 'suicidal' Duration: 02:40 Gareth Thomas - Former Wales rugby captain
- Ken Clarke: 'Not in favour of tax cuts buying votes' Duration: 01:57 Kenneth Clarke - Conservative Government Minister, UK
- Chavez rejected claims of stifling opposition Duration: 01:06 Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela