Pakistani men ‘should denounce’ acid attacks against women
Renowned British plastic surgeon Dr Mohammad Jawad helps reconstruct the faces of women disfigured by acid attacks.
He featured in an Oscar-winning documentary about his humanitarian work in his native Pakistan.
His high public profile has helped raise awareness about the life-destroying nature of acid attacks in Pakistan and elsewhere in Asia but can it bring about real change and action to help bring down the level of such violence against women?
Available since: Wed 6 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Blunkett on Labour leadership Duration: 04:14 David Blunkett
- Musharraf: Charges against me ‘pumped up’ Duration: 01:41 Pervez Musharraf
- British doctor recalls Ebola horrors in Sierra Leone Duration: 02:06 Dr Geraldine O'Hara
- Alan Cumming on dealing with childhood abuse Duration: 02:29 Alan Cumming
- Kasyanov predicts Russian economic crisis Duration: 03:52 Mikhail Kasyanov