Pakistani men ‘should denounce’ acid attacks against women
Renowned British plastic surgeon Dr Mohammad Jawad helps reconstruct the faces of women disfigured by acid attacks.
He featured in an Oscar-winning documentary about his humanitarian work in his native Pakistan.
His high public profile has helped raise awareness about the life-destroying nature of acid attacks in Pakistan and elsewhere in Asia but can it bring about real change and action to help bring down the level of such violence against women?
Available since: Wed 6 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Abdullah Abdullah 'committed' to sharing power with Ghani Duration: 04:44 Abdullah Abdullah
- Dr Mads Gilbert: Life as a doctor in a Gaza hospital Duration: 03:11 Dr. Mads Gilbert
- Iraqi Kurds 'need weapons, not boots on ground' - Masrour Barzani Duration: 00:23 Masrour Barzani
- Rasmussen: Appeasement ‘can encourage’ tyrants Duration: 02:53 Anders Fogh Rasmussen
- Robin Williams: Stand-up demands everything Duration: 03:50