Pakistani men ‘should denounce’ acid attacks against women
Renowned British plastic surgeon Dr Mohammad Jawad helps reconstruct the faces of women disfigured by acid attacks.
He featured in an Oscar-winning documentary about his humanitarian work in his native Pakistan.
His high public profile has helped raise awareness about the life-destroying nature of acid attacks in Pakistan and elsewhere in Asia but can it bring about real change and action to help bring down the level of such violence against women?
Available since: Wed 6 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Iraq's sectarian split lies in politics - Iyad Allawi Duration: 02:21 19/06/2013 GMT
- 'IMF will learn lessons from mistakes in Greece' Duration: 04:03 18/06/2013 GMT
- Amis: 'No limit to how offensive they can be about me' Duration: 02:47 Martin Amis
- Daalder: 'No regional support’ for Syria intervention Duration: 03:30 Ivo Daalder
- 'Masculine and aggressive' language of Turkish politics Duration: 05:26 Elif Shafak