Pakistani men ‘should denounce’ acid attacks against women
Renowned British plastic surgeon Dr Mohammad Jawad helps reconstruct the faces of women disfigured by acid attacks.
He featured in an Oscar-winning documentary about his humanitarian work in his native Pakistan.
His high public profile has helped raise awareness about the life-destroying nature of acid attacks in Pakistan and elsewhere in Asia but can it bring about real change and action to help bring down the level of such violence against women?
Available since: Wed 6 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- A day in the life of Status Quo - drugs, alcohol and tea Duration: 00:42 Francis Rossi
- Alcohol led me to cocaine says Status Quo's Francis Rossi Duration: 02:38 Francis Rossi
- Swap jailed militants for Nigeria’s missing girls? Duration: 02:52 Shehu Sani
- Emily Lau: Hong Kong is like a ‘police state’ Duration: 03:08 Emily Lau
- Why we must maintain net neutrality Duration: 02:25 Mitchell Baker