It may be a staple in your diet but is rice really that good for you?
A team of scientists at Leicester’s De Montfort University have discovered that eating one type of rice in large quantities could have negative effect on your health. However, a bit of variation in your diet could change that dramatically.
BBC Radio Leicester’s Kamlesh Purohit spoke to Dr Parvez Haris who led the study.
Available since: Tue 5 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Great features, music and news for the Asian community in Leicester.
More clips from Kamlesh Purohit
- Theatre production addresses female infanticide Duration: 03:01
- The NRI vote in the Indian Elections Duration: 03:52
- Official site for scattering ashes on the River Soar Duration: 03:21
- Leicestershire based charity healing hearts in India Duration: 04:06
- Leicestershire Sikh Alliance: British involvement in 1984 storming of the Golden Temple must be investigated. Duration: 02:30