Lord Ouseley: Football is 'a sick game'
Lord Ouseley is chairman of Kick It Out, football's anti-discrimination campaign. He's quitting his post as English football's senior adviser on racial equality over what he sees as the game's failure to tackle racism.
He tells Stephen Sackur why he thinks recent cases involving Chelsea's John Terry and Luis Suarez of Liverpool highlight football's double standards on the issue of race.
Available since: Mon 4 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Gideon Levy: I see 'first signs of fascism' in Israel Duration: 02:35 Gideon Levy
- Netanyahu 'killed' negotiations with Palestinians Duration: 02:40 Yasser Abed Rabbo
- Steinitz: Israel paid heavy price over Gaza Duration: 01:19 Yuval Steinitz
- Military reoccupation of Gaza 'was seriously considered' Duration: 00:53
- IS 'direct result' of Assad's campaign in Syria - Ali Khedery Duration: 03:25 Ali Khedery