Lord Ouseley: Football is 'a sick game'
Lord Ouseley is chairman of Kick It Out, football's anti-discrimination campaign. He's quitting his post as English football's senior adviser on racial equality over what he sees as the game's failure to tackle racism.
He tells Stephen Sackur why he thinks recent cases involving Chelsea's John Terry and Luis Suarez of Liverpool highlight football's double standards on the issue of race.
Available since: Mon 4 Feb 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Russia-Ukraine relationship 'pragmatic' - Margelov Duration: 02:41 11/12/2013 GMT
- Francois Pienaar: ‘We cannot fail Mr Mandela’ Duration: 02:41 09/12/2013 GMT
- 'Iran uses terrorism as a tool of statecraft' says Senator Marco Rubio Duration: 02:42 Marco Rubio
- Schulz: UK should be a 'fully-fledged' EU member Duration: 02:32 Martin Schulz
- EU's Laszlo Andor: UK politicians 'echo xenophobia' Duration: 04:12 Laszlo Andor