Hot Seat: Telford & Wrekin's council tax
Labour cabinet member Councillor Bill McClements and Conservative leader Andrew Eade debate proposals for a 1.9 per cent rise in council tax in Telford & Wrekin. The Communities and Local Government Secretary Eric Pickles says such councils are "dodging democracy" by announcing rises just short of the 2 per cent required to trigger a referendum.
Available since: Fri 1 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Your calls to senior Labour and Conservative members of Telford & Wrekin Council.
First broadcast: 01 Feb 2013
More clips from Jim Hawkins in the Morning
- Iraq anniversary: Living under Saddam Duration: 33:17 Iraq: 10 years on
- Are school governors up to the job? Duration: 06:52 27/02/2013
- Shrewsbury Flax Mill: The dye works - intricate but cold Duration: 04:13 Shrewsbury Flax Mill redevelopment
- Shrewsbury Flax Mill: inside the dye works Duration: 03:38 Shrewsbury Flax Mill redevelopment
- Shrewsbury Flax Mill: what the future holds Duration: 02:54 Shrewsbury Flax Mill redevelopment