Hot Seat: Telford & Wrekin's council tax
Labour cabinet member Councillor Bill McClements and Conservative leader Andrew Eade debate proposals for a 1.9 per cent rise in council tax in Telford & Wrekin. The Communities and Local Government Secretary Eric Pickles says such councils are "dodging democracy" by announcing rises just short of the 2 per cent required to trigger a referendum.
Available since: Fri 1 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Your calls to senior Labour and Conservative members of Telford & Wrekin Council.
First broadcast: 01 Feb 2013
More clips from Jim Hawkins in the Morning
- Russell Mulford: Kevin Howells pays tribute Duration: 05:23 21/10/2014
- Hot Seat - is the NHS in Shropshire "Future Fit"? Duration: 48:49 01/10/2014
- Hot Seat: falling school rolls in Shropshire Duration: 48:06 Education - could falling birth rates affect your child's school?
- Wakeman "Look up" trail (The Sandford House Hotel, Shrewsbury) Duration: 04:01 Healthy Hearts and the Wakeman “Look Up” Trail
- Wakeman "Look up" trail (Bowdler's Passage, Shrewsbury) Duration: 03:38 Healthy Hearts and the Wakeman “Look Up” Trail