Hot Seat: Telford & Wrekin's council tax
Labour cabinet member Councillor Bill McClements and Conservative leader Andrew Eade debate proposals for a 1.9 per cent rise in council tax in Telford & Wrekin. The Communities and Local Government Secretary Eric Pickles says such councils are "dodging democracy" by announcing rises just short of the 2 per cent required to trigger a referendum.
Available since: Fri 1 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Your calls to senior Labour and Conservative members of Telford & Wrekin Council.
First broadcast: 01 Feb 2013
More clips from Jim Hawkins in the Morning
- Wakeman "Look up" trail (The Sandford House Hotel, Shrewsbury) Duration: 04:01 Healthy Hearts and the Wakeman “Look Up” Trail
- Wakeman "Look up" trail (Bowdler's Passage, Shrewsbury) Duration: 03:38 Healthy Hearts and the Wakeman “Look Up” Trail
- Wakeman "Look up" trail (Coffee House Passage) Duration: 04:17 Healthy Hearts and the Wakeman “Look Up” Trail
- John Kertland and Neville Street - "It was chaos but it was rock and roll" Duration: 13:36 When the Stone Roses came to Shrewsbury ... unforgettable memories!
- Jim discusses mysogyny with Professor Mary Beard Duration: 04:57 Does the battle of the sexes continue into the 21st century?