Hot Seat: Telford & Wrekin's council tax
Labour cabinet member Councillor Bill McClements and Conservative leader Andrew Eade debate proposals for a 1.9 per cent rise in council tax in Telford & Wrekin. The Communities and Local Government Secretary Eric Pickles says such councils are "dodging democracy" by announcing rises just short of the 2 per cent required to trigger a referendum.
Available since: Fri 1 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Your calls to senior Labour and Conservative members of Telford & Wrekin Council.
First broadcast: 01 Feb 2013
More clips from Jim Hawkins in the Morning
- Mandela death: Graydon's memories Duration: 05:52 Memories of Mandela
- Nevil Mottershead MBE, DFC Duration: 09:31 02/10/2013
- Hot Seat: Daniel Kawczynski, Conservative MP for Shrewsbury and Atcham Duration: 49:13 Hot Seat: Daniel Kawczynski MP
- Daniel Kawczynski MP on gay marriage Duration: 06:02 Hot Seat: Daniel Kawczynski MP
- Iraq anniversary: Living under Saddam Duration: 33:17 Iraq: 10 years on