Hot Seat: Telford & Wrekin's council tax
Labour cabinet member Councillor Bill McClements and Conservative leader Andrew Eade debate proposals for a 1.9 per cent rise in council tax in Telford & Wrekin. The Communities and Local Government Secretary Eric Pickles says such councils are "dodging democracy" by announcing rises just short of the 2 per cent required to trigger a referendum.
Available since: Fri 1 Feb 2013
This clip is from
Your calls to senior Labour and Conservative members of Telford & Wrekin Council.
First broadcast: 01 Feb 2013
More clips from Jim Hawkins in the Morning
- Lydia, a very young gardener, at her allotment at Meadow View, Newport Duration: 02:19 It’s spring and the soil’s warming up – time to think about gardening
- Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron Duration: 04:15 Ryan in for Jim today with a 'bench report' from somewhere rather special
- The Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery Duration: 00:50 Free for all Friday
- First impressions Duration: 00:57 A special day in Shropshire’s cultural history: Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery opens
- Drink-driving - Will's story Duration: 08:01 13/12/2013