Samuel West, "Bill Murray's an extraordinary person"
Samuel West speaks to Mark Lawson about his role as King George VI in Roger Michell's film Hyde Park on Hudson.
Also starring Bill Murray as Franklin D Roosevelt, the film focuses on the weekend in 1939 when the King and Queen visited Roosevelt in an attempt to persuade America about the threat of World War II.
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Actors, Directors, Cinematographers
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- “I think it was well deserved. I've played my part in the story of rock & roll” Duration: 00:40 Cat Stevens, Northern Soul, William Morris, Ken Burns
- "If I had finished it in her lifetime then I would have tried to publish it" Duration: 09:15 BBC National Short Story Award 2014
- “I feel I’d be letting my readers down if I was just writing an ever diminishing version of Cloud Atlas” Duration: 09:37 Helen Mirren; Lang Lang; David Mitchell
- “I’m always after the new buzz but now it’s not in the form of a white powder” Duration: 00:15 Stephen Fry, Tony Benn documentary, Kei Miller, Gothic exhibition
- Dannie Abse talking to John Wilson in 2007 Duration: 07:01