Armistead Maupin - on bringing Tales of the City to the radio
What the Radio 4 dramatisation will bring to Tales of the City and how this will bring a new audience to the stories.
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
A group of eclectic characters find themselves and each other in 1970's San Francisco
Armistead Maupin on the influences of Tales of the City and San Francisco in the 1970s.
More clips from Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City
- Listen to an extract: Further Tales of the City Duration: 00:40 Further Tales of the City, Episode 1
- "I have never been hip but I have been ahead of the curve". Armistead Maupin explains how. Duration: 00:57
- What advice would Armistead Maupin give to someone arriving in the big bad city? Duration: 00:56
- Which character in Tales of the City does Armistead Maupin feel closest to? Duration: 02:08
- Armistead Maupin on the message of Tales of the City Duration: 02:52