Hilary Mantel, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well"
Hilary Mantel, winner of the £30,000 Costa Book of the Year award for her novel Bring Up the Bodies, discusses her golden year with Mark Lawson.
Having already won the Man Booker Prize for the same novel, she speaks about the all-female shortlist for the Costa prize, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- “Self-doubt, it is always there” - Mary J Blige Duration: 09:08 Hugh Bonneville; Mary J Blige; Remember Me
- “I think the master plan for any artist should be write good songs – and don’t worry too much about the rest” – Ed Sheeran Duration: 08:29 John Cleese, Ed Sheeran, Tracey Emin
- “I waited too long, that’s for sure” - Maria João Pires on recording Beethoven's Piano Concertos for the first time Duration: 08:53 Timothy Spall, Picasso Museum, Maria João Pires, Memphis
- "It feels fictitious, it's so extraordinary" - Benedict Cumberbatch on the life of Alan Turing Duration: 07:19 Benedict Cumberbatch; Sumia Sukkar; The looting of Syrian Art; Pink Floyd Review
- Nick Drake remembered Duration: 25:38 Keira Knightley; Nick Drake; A Real Birmingham Family; Mercury Prize hopefuls