Hilary Mantel, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well"
Hilary Mantel, winner of the £30,000 Costa Book of the Year award for her novel Bring Up the Bodies, discusses her golden year with Mark Lawson.
Having already won the Man Booker Prize for the same novel, she speaks about the all-female shortlist for the Costa prize, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- Jackie Kay on African Art Duration: 03:07 John Irving; African art; Thomas Heatherwick
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on America Duration: 01:36 03/04/2009
- David Baldacci: 'I have to go to that dark side' Duration: 01:54 Thriller writer David Baldacci; director Michael Winterbottom; Saloua Raouda Choucair
- Darcey Bussell on the physical strain of being a ballerina Duration: 01:21 Darcey Bussell, Bob Dylan reviewed, and the Bristol Old Vic reopens
- Darcey Bussell on life at the Royal Ballet School Duration: 01:23 Darcey Bussell, Bob Dylan reviewed, and the Bristol Old Vic reopens