Hilary Mantel, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well"
Hilary Mantel, winner of the £30,000 Costa Book of the Year award for her novel Bring Up the Bodies, discusses her golden year with Mark Lawson.
Having already won the Man Booker Prize for the same novel, she speaks about the all-female shortlist for the Costa prize, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- “I think it was well deserved. I've played my part in the story of rock & roll” Duration: 00:40 Cat Stevens, Northern Soul, William Morris, Ken Burns
- "If I had finished it in her lifetime then I would have tried to publish it" Duration: 09:15 BBC National Short Story Award 2014
- “I feel I’d be letting my readers down if I was just writing an ever diminishing version of Cloud Atlas” Duration: 09:37 Helen Mirren; Lang Lang; David Mitchell
- “I’m always after the new buzz but now it’s not in the form of a white powder” Duration: 00:15 Stephen Fry, Tony Benn documentary, Kei Miller, Gothic exhibition
- Dannie Abse talking to John Wilson in 2007 Duration: 07:01