Hilary Mantel, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well"
Hilary Mantel, winner of the £30,000 Costa Book of the Year award for her novel Bring Up the Bodies, discusses her golden year with Mark Lawson.
Having already won the Man Booker Prize for the same novel, she speaks about the all-female shortlist for the Costa prize, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- Jane Horrocks on playing the withdrawn LV in The Rise And Fall Of Little Voice Duration: 05:38 Jane Horrocks, 20 Feet From Stardom, US war vets, Tim Barrow
- David Threlfall on playing Frank Gallagher in Shameless. Duration: 06:10 Anne Hathaway, David Threlfall, Believe, Lorna Simpson
- Ian McKellen on playing Beckett's Estragon in Waiting For Godot Duration: 06:24 Ian McKellen, Nan Goldin, The Past, New Worlds
- Dame Harriet Walter on playing Lady Macbeth Duration: 05:26 Tom Hollander, Emma Donoghue, Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Scorsese and Schoonmaker on Powell and Pressburger Duration: 03:11 Martin Scorsese and Thelma Schoonmaker; Lesley Sharp; Only Lovers Left Alive