Hilary Mantel, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well"
Hilary Mantel, winner of the £30,000 Costa Book of the Year award for her novel Bring Up the Bodies, discusses her golden year with Mark Lawson.
Having already won the Man Booker Prize for the same novel, she speaks about the all-female shortlist for the Costa prize, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- Terry Gilliam on directing a rare opera Duration: 07:33 Terry Gilliam and Edward Gardner, Joshua Ferris, Clean Bandit
- Dom Flemons & Martin Simpson perform St James Hospital & St James Infirmary Duration: 06:08 Man Booker Prize, Lee Hall's Shakespeare in Love, Dom Flemons and Martin Simpson
- Nadine Gordimer talks to John Wilson Duration: 07:39 Nadine Gordimer remembered, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Utopia
- Dolly Parton: "I'm usually up by 3am…” Duration: 12:54
- Caitlin Moran on feminism and How to Build a Girl Duration: 07:10