Hilary Mantel, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well"
Hilary Mantel, winner of the £30,000 Costa Book of the Year award for her novel Bring Up the Bodies, discusses her golden year with Mark Lawson.
Having already won the Man Booker Prize for the same novel, she speaks about the all-female shortlist for the Costa prize, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- Talking Statues - Sir John Barbirolli Duration: 02:29 21/08/2014
- Tom Conti as Abraham Lincoln Duration: 02:48 Sin City 2, Tom Conti on Abraham Lincoln, Erasure
- Russell Tovey is the voice of Alan Turing Duration: 03:51 Lisa Dwan; Lucy; Mark Ravenhill on Alan Turing; Richard Osman on TV quiz formats
- Helen Lederer as Dick Whittington's Cat Duration: 03:28 Howard Jacobson; Helen Lederer; Bob and Roberta Smith
- Al Murray explains why Sofie Gråbøl thinks in English Duration: 00:58 Edinburgh Special