Hilary Mantel, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well"
Hilary Mantel, winner of the £30,000 Costa Book of the Year award for her novel Bring Up the Bodies, discusses her golden year with Mark Lawson.
Having already won the Man Booker Prize for the same novel, she speaks about the all-female shortlist for the Costa prize, "I'm all for sisterhood, but I'm for style as well".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- Ian Rankin: "I've cheated in this book" Duration: 02:48
- Russell Brand: 'I'm calling for huge civil disobedience' Duration: 01:12 Russell Brand; Costa Book Awards; Carrie
- 'I've reconsidered the sexual liberation component of my show' Duration: 04:36 Russell Brand; Costa Book Awards; Carrie
- Terry Jones' Cultural Exchange Duration: 08:43
- Forest Whitaker on playing The Butler Duration: 02:51 Donna Tartt; Forest Whitaker