An interview with Armistead Maupin
Armistead Maupin on the influences of Tales of the City, San Francisco in the 1970s and how the books broke new ground.
- Listen 01:56Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City - "Everything that happened to me ... got used in the story"
- Listen 01:45Armistead Maupin on San Francisco's tradition of welcoming "outsiders with crazy dreams"
- Listen 03:06Armistead Maupin - on bringing Tales of the City to the radio
- Listen 02:52Armistead Maupin on the message of Tales of the City
- Listen 02:08Which character in Tales of the City does Armistead Maupin feel closest to?
- Listen 00:56What advice would Armistead Maupin give to someone arriving in the big bad city?
- Listen 00:57"I have never been hip but I have been ahead of the curve". Armistead Maupin explains how.