"Rowan Atkinson would be a definitive Malvolio"
Rowan Atkinson takes on his most serious role yet as the eponymous hero of Simon Gray's play Quartermaine's Terms.
Rowan Atkinson and Theatre Director Richard Eyre talk to Mark Lawson about the challenges of playing such a quiet and sedentary character.
Eyre's hopes it won't be 25 years until Rowan's next theatre performance, "I think Rowan would be a definitive Malvolio".
Available since: Thu 31 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa-winner Hilary Mantel and Samuel West in Hyde Park on Hudson
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
Actors, Directors, Playwrights
More clips from Rowan Atkinson on stage, Costa winner Hilary Mantel, and Samuel West
More clips from Front Row
- Jane Horrocks on playing the withdrawn LV in The Rise And Fall Of Little Voice Duration: 05:38 Jane Horrocks, 20 Feet From Stardom, US war vets, Tim Barrow
- David Threlfall on playing Frank Gallagher in Shameless. Duration: 06:10 Anne Hathaway, David Threlfall, Believe, Lorna Simpson
- Ian McKellen on playing Beckett's Estragon in Waiting For Godot Duration: 06:24 Ian McKellen, Nan Goldin, The Past, New Worlds
- Dame Harriet Walter on playing Lady Macbeth Duration: 05:26 Tom Hollander, Emma Donoghue, Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Scorsese and Schoonmaker on Powell and Pressburger Duration: 03:11 Martin Scorsese and Thelma Schoonmaker; Lesley Sharp; Only Lovers Left Alive