3D printing 'as big as the internet'
Ping Fu was just eight years old when her life was turned upside down by Mao's cultural revolution. She endured years of abuse before being thrown out of China.
Three decades later she is an adviser to President Barack Obama on innovation and is one of America's most celebrated female entrepreneurs.
She founded the company Geomagic which is revolutionising the manufacturing process in the digital age using 3D printing. She says the technology "is as big as steam engines... as big as the internet".
Available since: Wed 30 Jan 2013
This clip is from
In-depth, hard-hitting interviews with newsworthy personalities.
More clips from HARDtalk
- Alan Cumming on dealing with childhood abuse Duration: 02:29 Alan Cumming
- Kasyanov predicts Russian economic crisis Duration: 03:52 Mikhail Kasyanov
- Shurooq Amin on tackling social taboos Duration: 02:54 Shurooq Amin
- How I saved children from the Nazis Duration: 02:44 Sir Nicholas Winton
- Syria: Air strikes ignoring cause of war says Hadi al-Bahra Duration: 01:39 Hadi al-Bahra