3D printing 'as big as the internet'
Ping Fu was just eight years old when her life was turned upside down by Mao's cultural revolution. She endured years of abuse before being thrown out of China.
Three decades later she is an adviser to President Barack Obama on innovation and is one of America's most celebrated female entrepreneurs.
She founded the company Geomagic which is revolutionising the manufacturing process in the digital age using 3D printing. She says the technology "is as big as steam engines... as big as the internet".
Available since: Wed 30 Jan 2013
This clip is from
In-depth, hard-hitting interviews with newsworthy personalities.
More clips from HARDtalk
- A day in the life of Status Quo - drugs, alcohol and tea Duration: 00:42 Francis Rossi
- Alcohol led me to cocaine says Status Quo's Francis Rossi Duration: 02:38 Francis Rossi
- Swap jailed militants for Nigeria’s missing girls? Duration: 02:52 Shehu Sani
- Emily Lau: Hong Kong is like a ‘police state’ Duration: 03:08 Emily Lau
- Why we must maintain net neutrality Duration: 02:25 Mitchell Baker