3D printing 'as big as the internet'
Ping Fu was just eight years old when her life was turned upside down by Mao's cultural revolution. She endured years of abuse before being thrown out of China.
Three decades later she is an adviser to President Barack Obama on innovation and is one of America's most celebrated female entrepreneurs.
She founded the company Geomagic which is revolutionising the manufacturing process in the digital age using 3D printing. She says the technology "is as big as steam engines... as big as the internet".
Available since: Wed 30 Jan 2013
This clip is from
In-depth, hard-hitting interviews with newsworthy personalities.
More clips from HARDtalk
- 'There is still hope' says Bring Back Our Girls campaigner Duration: 03:56 Obiageli Ezekwesili
- Ama Ata Aidoo on feminism in Africa Duration: 03:07 Ama Ata Aidoo
- Grouse shooting ‘can be disastrous for the environment’ Duration: 01:59 Chris Packham
- Hamas spokesman on restoring ceasefire Duration: 02:11 Osama Hamdan
- Dore Gold on hopes for Mid-East peace Duration: 02:52 Dore Gold