3D printing 'as big as the internet'
Ping Fu was just eight years old when her life was turned upside down by Mao's cultural revolution. She endured years of abuse before being thrown out of China.
Three decades later she is an adviser to President Barack Obama on innovation and is one of America's most celebrated female entrepreneurs.
She founded the company Geomagic which is revolutionising the manufacturing process in the digital age using 3D printing. She says the technology "is as big as steam engines... as big as the internet".
Available since: Wed 30 Jan 2013
This clip is from
In-depth, hard-hitting interviews with newsworthy personalities.
More clips from HARDtalk
- Springer: Show provides an 'escape from life' Duration: 03:21 Jerry Springer
- 'No compromise on right to bear arms' Duration: 03:12 David Keene
- Tymoshenko has the backing of Ukrainians says daughter Duration: 02:47
- Naftali Bennett: Israeli settlements must stay Duration: 04:15 Naftali Bennett
- Tanzania will not sell ivory stockpile, says minister Duration: 02:38 Lazaro Nyalandu