India Visa prices: Leicester petition
Community groups in Leicester are petitioning the Indian government to reconsider its recent rise in visa charges. At the start of the year, a six month visa to the country would have cost thirty-eight pounds, but now it's risen to eighty-two pounds. That's in addition to a ten pound "processing fee".
That means it will now cost a family-of-four two-hundred pounds MORE to visit India for six months.
In this piece BBC Radio Leicester’s David Sykes first speaks to Vinod Popat, chairperson of the British Hindu Voice in Leicester...and asks how high is too high?
Available since: Mon 28 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Great features, music and news for the Asian community in Leicester.
More clips from Kamlesh Purohit
- Theatre production addresses female infanticide Duration: 03:01
- The NRI vote in the Indian Elections Duration: 03:52
- Official site for scattering ashes on the River Soar Duration: 03:21
- Leicestershire based charity healing hearts in India Duration: 04:06
- Leicestershire Sikh Alliance: British involvement in 1984 storming of the Golden Temple must be investigated. Duration: 02:30