Has Sydney Mardi Gras become too mainstream?
Hundreds of thousands of people gather to watch the annual Mardi Gras in Sydney - a month-long celebration of sexual diversity.
It means big business for the city, but since it changed its name in 2012 from the Gay and Lesbian Sydney Mardi Gras to simply the Sydney Mardi Gras, some critics are concerned that the festival is becoming too mainstream and corporate.
Christa Larwood reports.
Available since: Wed 30 Jan 2013
This clip is from
The latest news about the travel industry and advice for business travellers and tourists.
More clips from Fast Track
- How Cyprus has become an island of lost dreams for some Duration: 07:41 15/06/2013 GMT
- Sleaze or art? Behind the scenes at London's Burlesque Festival Duration: 04:45 08/06/2013 GMT
- Travel Clinic: How to make sure your holiday bubbly keeps its fizz Duration: 04:08 08/06/2013 GMT
- When will Berlin's ghost airport open? Duration: 07:03 08/06/2013 GMT
- From Essex to Ecuador - the British woman who married a rainforest tribal leader Duration: 03:44 01/06/2013 GMT