Toro Y Moi in conversation
Gilles is joined by a man who first came to prominence as part of the US Chillwave movement of 2010. Hailing from South Carolina, 25 year old Toro Y Moi, also known as Chaz Bundick, released his debut album on Carpark Records, with the follow up, Underneath The Pine, garnering further praise in 2011. With his hotly awaited new release, Anything In Return, Gilles and Chaz talk about the new material, and his influences which include Lonnie Liston Smith and The Headhunters, as well as slipping in an exclusive first play of a new Les Sins track.
Available since: Sun 27 Jan 2013
Watch and listen to the very best music moments brought to you from BBC 6 Music.
More clips from Gilles Peterson
- Valerie June In Session On Gilles Peterson - Twined And Twisted Duration: 03:36 Valerie June in session
- Tall Black Guy chats to Gilles Peterson on Record Store Day Duration: 19:58 Record Store Day - Tall Black Guy
- Om'Mas Keith joins Giles Peterson in the studio Duration: 15:08 Gilles Peterson with Om'Mas Keith in the studio
- Lonnie Liston Smith - Interview Duration: 11:10 Lonnie Liston Smith - Words and Music
- José James speaks to Gilles Peterson Duration: 10:41 Jose James in conversation