Toro Y Moi in conversation
Gilles is joined by a man who first came to prominence as part of the US Chillwave movement of 2010. Hailing from South Carolina, 25 year old Toro Y Moi, also known as Chaz Bundick, released his debut album on Carpark Records, with the follow up, Underneath The Pine, garnering further praise in 2011. With his hotly awaited new release, Anything In Return, Gilles and Chaz talk about the new material, and his influences which include Lonnie Liston Smith and The Headhunters, as well as slipping in an exclusive first play of a new Les Sins track.
Available since: Sun 27 Jan 2013
- Toro y Moi
Watch and listen to the very best music moments brought to you from BBC 6 Music.
More clips from Gilles Peterson
- Exclusive live track from Fatima - Biggest Joke Of All Duration: 04:26 Fatima in session.
- Exclusive live track from Kate Tempest - Theme From Becky Duration: 04:07 Kate Tempest in session
- Gilles telling you what you missed from his Blue Note Records Special: Part I Duration: 00:35 75 Years of Blue Note
- Sweet Darling Pain by Melanie de Biasio Duration: 05:23 Melanie de Biasio in session
- 'Games' by Rosie Lowe - live exclusive track recorded for Gilles Peterson Duration: 03:03 Rosie Lowe in session