The Carter Twins
Twins Meg and Mave Carter visit the weekly ante natal and baby clinic, as Mave is pregnant. Upon hearing Dr. Turner's advice, that due to her age Mave should give birth in the maternity home, the siblings become distressed and resist the doctor's guidance fleeing the clinic in anger.
As the midwives discuss and reflect upon the twins departure, Sister Monica Joan recalls their history and that the womens’ own mother died in childbirth, which is at the root of their fear.
Available since: Sun 27 Jan 2013
More clips from Call the Midwife
- An unexploded bomb Duration: 03:07 Christmas Special
- Trail: Call the Midwife - Christmas Special 2013 Duration: 00:40
- The midwives share a girlie gossip Duration: 01:55 Series 2, Episode 8
- Jenny meets Monique Hyde Duration: 01:53 Series 2, Episode 7
- The mass X-ray screening programme Duration: 01:47 Series 2, Episode 6