Denzel Washington on playing an alcoholic
Denzel Washington speaks to Front Row's Mark Lawson about preparing for his role in Flight as a pilot with a drinking problem.
Available since: Wed 23 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Denzel Washington discusses his film Flight; A S Byatt reviews a major Manet exhibition.
First broadcast: 22 Jan 2013
Actors, Directors, Cinematographers
More clips from Front Row
- Time-lapse footage of the Weston Cast Court renovations at the V&A in London Duration: 01:16 Idris Elba; Howard Hodgkin; V&A's Italian Courts
- “Self-doubt, it is always there” - Mary J Blige Duration: 09:08 Hugh Bonneville; Mary J Blige; Remember Me
- “I think the master plan for any artist should be write good songs – and don’t worry too much about the rest” – Ed Sheeran Duration: 08:29 John Cleese, Ed Sheeran, Tracey Emin
- “I waited too long, that’s for sure” - Maria João Pires on recording Beethoven's Piano Concertos for the first time Duration: 08:53 Timothy Spall, Picasso Museum, Maria João Pires, Memphis
- "It feels fictitious, it's so extraordinary" - Benedict Cumberbatch on the life of Alan Turing Duration: 07:19 Benedict Cumberbatch; Sumia Sukkar; The looting of Syrian Art; Pink Floyd Review