Northamptonshire's two major hospitals are among the hardest pressed in the country. Northampton General and Kettering General both come in the bottom 20 of hospitals nationally for the number of days that they were full in January.
Reporter Willy Gilder outlines the issue after speaking with Dr Andrew Chilton, Medical Director of Kettering General Hospital.
Stuart talks to Corby Labour MP Andy Sawford, to Moya McVicar who sits on the Kettering general Hospital Board as a representative of LINK which represents patients interests, and to Northampton South Conservative MP Brian Binley who is currently being treated for a form of cancer at Northampton General Hospital.
* difficulty in getting a GP appointment is delaying people with cancer concerns seeking medical help, according to Cancer Research UK
* the Liberal Democrats on Northamptonshire County Council outline their alternative budget plans
* a public inquiry opens into proposals to improve Catthorpe Interchange
* appeal opens over plans to build homes at Irchester
* the HQ of Northamptonshire Association for the Blind is targeted by vandals
* how Northamptonshire can benefit from the Heritage Lottery Fund's "Untold History" scheme