Why TV can be better for babies than books
Should children under two watch TV?
Prof Annette Karmiloff-Smith, from the Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, says well-made television programmes can be more stimulating for very young children than books.
Available since: Mon 21 Jan 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Life Scientific
- 'Mild-mannered scientists were crying' Duration: 01:09 Sanjeev Gupta
- Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell: “Nobody really believed it at first!” Duration: 01:41 Nancy Rothwell
- The case for nuclear power Duration: 02:09 Sue Ion
- 'We could prevent up to 30 per cent of breast cancer' Duration: 01:50 Valerie Beral
- Would you let a robot look after your child? Duration: 00:50 Noel Sharkey