Why TV can be better for babies than books
Should children under two watch TV?
Prof Annette Karmiloff-Smith, from the Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, says well-made television programmes can be more stimulating for very young children than books.
Available since: Mon 21 Jan 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Life Scientific
- Why public workshops should replace libraries Duration: 01:01 Mark Miodownik
- The Higgs boson explained by Peter Higgs Duration: 02:21 Peter Higgs
- Peter Higgs: Fame is 'a bit of a nuisance sometimes' Duration: 01:12 Peter Higgs
- Peter Higgs: 'Nobody took what I was doing seriously' Duration: 00:30 Peter Higgs
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell on being denied a Nobel Prize Duration: 01:17 Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell