Why TV can be better for babies than books
Should children under two watch TV?
Prof Annette Karmiloff-Smith, from the Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, says well-made television programmes can be more stimulating for very young children than books.
Available since: Mon 21 Jan 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Life Scientific
- Met Office's chief scientist on climate change scepticism Duration: 02:34 Julia Slingo
- The Miracle of the Eye Duration: 01:35 Veronica van Heyningen
- Alf Adams describes the principles of a solid-state laser crystal Duration: 01:46 Alf Adams
- Why Anne Glover said opposing GM crops is “a form of madness” Duration: 01:40 Anne Glover
- Why public workshops should replace libraries Duration: 01:01 Mark Miodownik