Why TV can be better for babies than books
Should children under two watch TV?
Prof Annette Karmiloff-Smith, from the Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, says well-made television programmes can be more stimulating for very young children than books.
Available since: Mon 21 Jan 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Life Scientific
- Making explosive fireworks Duration: 02:20 Jackie Akhavan
- Brian Cox: why many universes makes more sense than one Duration: 02:14 Brian Cox
- Brian Cox explains quantum mechanics in one minute Duration: 01:26 Brian Cox
- Meeting Soviet spies in Los Alamos Duration: 01:27 Sandy Knapp
- Bang: Three men and a book Duration: 02:05 Chris Lintott