Why TV can be better for babies than books
Should children under two watch TV?
Prof Annette Karmiloff-Smith, from the Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, says well-made television programmes can be more stimulating for very young children than books.
Available since: Mon 21 Jan 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Life Scientific
- Meeting Soviet spies in Los Alamos Duration: 01:27 Sandy Knapp
- Bang: Three men and a book Duration: 02:05 Chris Lintott
- Giant mosquitos scared the cleaner Duration: 01:55 Janet Hemingway
- Romanian Adoptees: “A natural Experiment” Duration: 02:03 Professor Sir Michael Rutter
- Met Office's chief scientist on climate change scepticism Duration: 02:34 Julia Slingo