Why TV can be better for babies than books
Should children under two watch TV?
Prof Annette Karmiloff-Smith, from the Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, says well-made television programmes can be more stimulating for very young children than books.
Available since: Mon 21 Jan 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Life Scientific
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell on being denied a Nobel Prize Duration: 01:17 Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell
- Why the Y chromosome could be at risk Duration: 02:20 Jenny Graves
- Why do we laugh when others laugh? Duration: 02:16 Sophie Scott
- "Science cannot do the subjective experience" Duration: 01:46 Mark Lythgoe
- "A view of the world or the body that you just hadn't imagined" Duration: 00:49 Mark Lythgoe