Quentin Tarantino on Django Unchained
Quentin Tarantino talks to Francine Stock about his controversial new film Django Unchained.
In a lively exchange, Tarantino dismisses suggestions that the film should have been made by a black director.
Django Unchained tells the story of a freed slave who attempts to rescue his wife from a plantation, told in the style of a Western. The film has received five Oscar nominations including best original screenplay and best film.
Available since: Thu 17 Jan 2013
This clip is from
Director Quentin Tarantino on Django Unchained and Kathryn Bigelow on Zero Dark Thirty.
First broadcast: 17 Jan 2013
A selection of programmes from Radio 4 involving some of the 2013 Oscar nominees.
More clips from The Film Programme
- The sound of alien Contact from Randy Thom - sound engineer Duration: 03:26
- HAL switch to R4 please Duration: 00:51 2001: A Space Odyssey Special
- How to sound like Darth Vader wtih Ben Burtt Duration: 02:16 Tommy Lee Jones in The Homesman, The Imitation Game and Roger Ebert remembered
- Harry Potter's sound effects Duration: 03:24 Interstellar; The Killing Fields; Sound of Harry Potter
- Jurassic Park sound effects Duration: 03:37 Mike Leigh, Korean classic cinema, Jurassic Park sound effects