INDIA RAPE VIGIL
As the rape and murder of a 23 year girl continues to spark outrage across India, the case has also seen vigils taking place in England. So will recent events put British Indian women off travelling to the country? Reporter Ruchi Tandon joined a candlelit vigil in Birmingham to find out. In this extract first we hear from Reena Combo, who organised the vigil.
Available since: Fri 11 Jan 2013
This clip is from
A pick of the week from BBC Local Radio Asian community programmes.
More clips from Desi Download
- Eid: Syrian refugees in Jordan Duration: 03:16
- Eid: Gaza City Duration: 03:36
- Cricket and identity: Do British Asians face flak for supporting England? Duration: 03:26
- Moeen Ali's dad on his son's cricket career Duration: 03:19
- Playwright Gurpreet Kaur Bhatti returns to Birmingham REP Duration: 04:29