Image for The Poison Files - Undercooked Pork

The Poison Files - Undercooked Pork

Duration: 02:57

Chris Hollins meets Darren Ashall, from Lancashire, who ate one mouthful of undercooked pork chop and ended up in hospital.

He cooked the pork for five minutes and could tell it wasn’t quite right but swallowed one piece. Three weeks later he woke with a headache and tingling in the corner of his face and within 48 hours he was in intensive care fighting for his life.

He had contracted Listeriosis and the bacteria went to his brain causing meningitis.

Available since: Tue 8 Jan 2013

This clip is from

Food Inspectors Series 2, Episode 1

1/4 Inspectors visit a Chinese takeaway where a pet rabbit lives in the food preparation area.

First broadcast: 09 Jan 2013

Image for Episode 1 Not currently available on BBC iPlayer

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Added. Check out your playlist Dismiss